Stolt Tank Containers global fleet of more than 35,000 tank containers is by far the world's largest, including the largest chemical and food-grade fleets, plus specialised tank containers for aggressive or high purity products, compressed gases and cryogenic cargoes.
With more than 34 years of experience, Stolt Tank Containers’ focus on continuous innovation helps customers better manage their supply chains, minimise costs and increase efficiency.
At the moment we are looking for an Accountant / AR Collecting Specialist.
You oversee a portfolio of STC customers, including making collection calls and other forms of communication to collect on open receivables.
- Maintain written records of communication.
- Provide customers with copies of STC invoices & other support as needed to facilitate payment.
- Responsible for researching disputed invoices. Notifie customer if disputed invoice is valid to receive prompt payment or works with STC Operations to credit the invoice when dispute is valid.
- Research unapplied / unidentified cash receipts to facilitate timely application of cash.
- Responsible for contacting the customer on short payments and ensure payment of balance is remitted or that there is an agreement in place to issue a credit or write-off the short-paid invoice.
- Responsible for preparing A/R aging reports and other reports requested by the customer or for business directors.
- Perform various month-end duties and reconciliations.
- Responsible for special projects as requested by the Accounting Supervisor or business directors.
- 5-7 years of experience with multi-national commercial collections.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with a large ($300+ Million) international company, preferably in the shipping industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Detailed oriented, ability to multi-task and fast paced worker.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proactive and committed.
- Oracle and AS400 experience is a plus.
- Multi-lingual is strongly preferred, especially French and/or German languages.
- Flexible and social personality.