Stolt Tank Containers global fleet of more than 35,000 tank containers is by far the world's largest, including the largest chemical and food-grade fleets, plus specialised tank containers for aggressive or high purity products, compressed gases and cryogenic cargoes.
With more than 34 years of experience, Stolt Tank Containers’ focus on continuous innovation helps customers better manage their supply chains, minimise costs and increase efficiency.
At the moment we are looking for an Accounting Supervisor.
You will work with the business to ensure timely and accurate billing of revenues; maintain timely collection of open receivables; communicate and resolve overdue receivable issues with appropriate business managers; assist business management with accurate credit assessments; mentor, train and supervise staff; initiate and assist with adoption of best practices and process changes to improve efficiency.
Main responsibilities are:
- Establish procedures and controls for invoicing and recording of cash receipts
- Ensure procedures and policy controls are followed
- Monitor collections effort for all of STC Europe and the Moerdijk Depot. Coordinate periodic meetings for review of open A/R with Business Managers
- Oversee and assist in collections for key, strategic accounts in Europe
- Assist with the resolution of overdue receivables and formulation of action plans to resolve overdue items
- Assist in controlling costs as it relates to invoicing and collections as well as the administration of the A/R function in Europe
- Ensure credit monitoring is done in an effective manner that supports business requirements while also minimizing risk of bad debts
- Prepare monthly reports on invoicing, open receivables and various metrics for management to monitor progress on collections for the STC division in Europe
- Program and run special reports as requested by management for STC Europe region
- Prepare reconciliations and other reports as needed for the STC Europe region
- Assist with both internal and external audit process as required by providing copies of source documents for cash receipts, invoice backup material and other documentation as requested
- Hire, train, manage and mentor the collections team
- Assist in IT projects related to invoicing/collections, creating management reports and making recommendations for system enhancements or improvements
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance is strongly preferred
- You are experienced with ORACLE systems and advanced Excel functions
- Must have a thorough knowledge of and the ability to train in invoicing and collections/cash receipt systems
- 7-10 years of commercial collections experience in a large ($500+ Million) International company environment
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong MS Office skills - Word and Excel required
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of employees including senior management
- Excellent verbal/written communication & interpersonal skills
- Multi-Lingual is a plus, especially French and/or German languages
- Ability to plan, organize and work with minimal supervision